Replacing The User Story With The Job Story
We frame every design problem in a Job, focusing on the triggering event or situation, the motivation and goal, and the intended outcome:
When _____ , I want to _____ , so I can _____ .
For example: When an important new customer signs up, I want to be notified, so I can start a conversation with them.
See also 5 Tips For Writing A Job Story:
- Refine A Situation By Adding Contextual Information
- Job Stories Come From Real People Not Personas
- Design Modular Job Stories Which Features (Solutions) Can Plug Into
- Add Forces To Motivations
- Job Stories Don’t Have To Be From A Specific Point Of View
And also the Jobs to be Done collection @ Medium.