Can you make happy accidents happen more often?
- Just turn up
- Put yourself in the right place
- Avoid zemblanity
- Say “Yes, and…” instead of “Yes, but…”
- Keep your eyes open for opportunity
- Use serendipity engines
- Don’t be too precious with your ideas
- Help other people to have serendipity
- Get good at introductions
- Answer “But why?” with “I don’t know yet”
- Goldilocks serendipity
Example email introduction “template”:
Intro: Anne, meet Bob
Hi guys, I thought I’d make an introduction because (reason).
Anne, Bob is (reason for relevance) and (how I know him / he’s amazing).
Bob, Anne is (reason for relevance) and (how I know her / she’s ace).
I hope something good happens because of this intro! (Etc.)